Saturday, November 1, 2014

FO: 5th Avenue Infinity Scarf


Finally a finished knitting project to share with you! I am terribly bad to get sidetracked with a cute doll design for my shop and let human sized knitting projects drag on for months (or sometimes years...). This particular scarf might have been hanging around the craft room an embarrassingly long time!

The pattern is the 5th Avenue infinity scarf from Tentenknits. The pattern was straightforward, with just enough variety to be interesting while still falling into the mindless-TV-knitting category. 


I had two fairly major hiccups during this project, one I recovered from and one I just lived with. The first was starting without a stitch marker. What was I thinking?? After setting the project aside for a while I had no idea where I was when I picked it back up. Lesson learned - don't be lazy and go get a dang stitch marker!


The second hiccup I only discovered several inches in, when I realized I'd gotten things twisted when I joined in the round. Oops. By that point I'd already started and stopped enough times that I just couldn't bear to rip it all out and start over. When it's all looped around my neck I don't think it's hugely noticeable.


The yarn I used was Moda Dea washable wool. I have tons of this stuff that I scooped up at a local craft store's closing sale several years ago. I find it nice and soft to wear against skin, and it has a fun squishy quality to it. The edges of the scarf are super curly, even after blocking. I'm not sure if it's the yarn or the pattern, but it kind of works in my favor with the whole mobius-mistake that I'm rocking. I knit it on my Knit Picks interchangeable needles in size 8, which felt like tree trunks after knitting so many doll projects on teeny tiny needles.


I think it turned out pretty cute, even with my mistake, and I'm sure I'll get lots of use out of it this winter. I should knit for full sized humans more often!

1 comment:

  1. This blue color is really pretty and goes with every jumper. Thanks for sharing such a nice piece of art and I am sure you will share more.

    ReplyDelete